As you would expect on any site, there are rules that have to be followed here at all times. These are the General Rules that apply to everything on this site that does not occur during role-play.
- This site is Rated PG-13 On the General boards, However this site is rated R during In-Campaign Posts. (More info given in the RPG rules.)
- First and foremost. Disrespect will not be tolerated on this site. Any user found to be flaming, rude, discourteous, or disrespectful in any other matter will immediately be banned for one week, with a second offense rendering a permanent IP ban.
- Please, only one account per person. I know that this being a role-play site, there is no reason why a user would have two accounts to begin with, but you'd be surprised.
- All Advertising and affiliation on this site must be done through the Advertising Mountain in the General board.
- Different forums in the "General" Section of this site will have a set of rules that are unique to that forum. This would mostly be the Art/Writing forum.
Subject to change and extra rules being added at a later date.
These are all the rules for everything that occurs inside the Lands of the Free, and the Lands of the clans.
- This is a moderate to advanced RPG site, so Post lengths on this site must be at least two decent paragraphs or 150 Minimum words. Failure to meet this minimum on a consistent basis will result in a change in member title until posts are above the requirements. This rule is effective 06/11/2009
- The role-play sections of this site it Rated-R. However, please keep the use to extreme language to a minimum. Anyone who over abuses this rule will be warned.
- Absolutly NO GOD-MODDING!! God-modding is Powerplaying another users character without permission, posting highly unrealistic abilities in posts, or having a character coming from a battle unharmed.
- When a user posts something on this site stating that an RP post is not finished, No posts are to be made in that thread until the post has been completed. It was their turn first, and you do not know what they were planning. If I see this on the site, the post will be deleted, and the user who posted after the incompleted post will be warned.
I am dead serious on this. If anyone is caught god-modding on this site, will be banned for one week on the first offense, and permanently banned.
Of course Everyone Knew this was coming. When your on a Role-playing website, you need rules to prevent people making their characters too powerful.
Types of dragons
The first thing that will be discussed are the types of dragons that can be role-played.
For the most part, only Western European, and Wyvern type dragons are available for role-play here, however that is subject to change based on demand. If I get enough interest for other dragon type, I will add them to the list of playable types and create a new clan in the lands specifically for the type of dragon that has been added.
No matter the type of dragon, each character is only allowed to have one head. [Yes, I actually had this come up.]
The dragons of Selzar age 100 times slower than the average human does, so every 1 dragon years is equivilent to 100 human years, and the age Cycles are as follows.
0-2 Wyrmling- These dragons are very young, most of them just out of the egg. Dragons of this ages are not allowed to leave the protection of their mother or clan guardian. Dragons of this age can hold no clan positions and cannot fly. Dragons at this stage are generally no bigger than a medium sized dog. no more than 3 ft tall total
3-5 Very young- These dragons are a bit older and have learned to fly but are still very vulnerable. At this age their magic starts to develop within them allowing them to control different types of magic specific to them. Though at this point the types of magic that they can control is unknown. Their size has nearly doubled at this stage and grow up to a maximum of 6 feet.
6-10 Young- At this stage a dragon has mastered flight, and has begun enhancing him/her magical properties within them. Dragons in the beginning of this stage are learning to hunt efficiently, while dragons in the late stages of this age group start noticing the beginning effects of puberty. Sizes range up to 10ft.
11-15 Young adult- A young adult dragon is just like a teenager is in humans. It begins to seek out positions among the clan and has mastered all forms of hunting. Puberty is hit in the very early stages of this group and growth rates rapidly increase from here. Up to 20ft tall.
16-46 Adult - They are now well established in the clan. Dragons in this group still grow fast sin the beginning but slow dramatically midway through. Max Height is 30ft.
47-67 Old adult- Growth ceases at this stage. Whatever size the dragon ended as in the adult stage is the size that it will be the rest of it's life. All dragons in this are looked up to even by the leaders of the clans. In the late stages, they begin to lose strength in most of the muscles in their body
68-88 Very old- At this stage in a dragons life the mortality rate is very high as their immune systems lose their efficiency, and begin to break down. Dragons in the late stages of this group can no longer fly.
89+ Ancient- on the verge of death. Dragons in this age group barely survive more than a couple years.
NOTE: All dragons are to age 1 dragon year to every 2 real months on the site. That means that the are of time on this site moves faster. Every two real months is 100 normal years on the board, thus making it one dragon ear.
Magic is an interesting ability. At birth most dragons are born with an ability to control and manipulate a total 4 different types of magic of which are of the characters choosing. However, Some types of magic are more powerful than others and will limit the dragons ability to control others but taking away the ability to control an extra magic slot.
Magic-# of Slots
What each type does
Pretty much self-explanatory, but I'm going to lay it out anyway.
- Fire- This magic allows a user to manipulate fire that has already started. This is by far one of the most efficient forms of magic on this site as all dragons on this site breath fire so they can manipulate it at will.
- Ice- This magic is heavily influenced by the seasons. It is it's strongest in Winter, but is it's weakest in summer. A dragon with this magic can turn even the smallest amount of water into pure ice to make it appear as if the ice is appearing out of nowhere, when it's just pulling the water vapors together from the sky to form ice crystals. At it's strongest, this is one of the most powerful techniques a dragon can learn, and if a dragon is to learn healing magic, this type of magic would compliment healing making it more successful and more efficient.
- lightening- This is by far one of the most difficult types of magic to master on this site. Lightening although powerful, can be difficult to control with the way it spreads. This type of magic is most often used as a combat type magic, and most clan knights will have a full mastery of this type.
- Wind- Next to Fire this is the easiest of all magics to learn. a dragon with this power can to a degree control the weather by using the winds to move cloud formations or even shape formations to their liking. It is a technique that has many used. It can be used as a distraction or can be wielded with deadly force by making the wind so thin and shape that it could cut through almost anything. However, only a complete mastery of this magic can wield that.
- Energy- An extremely powerful type of magic that requires absolutely no energy to use. The reason for this is because any dragon with this type of magic can manipulate any type of energy to their will. In some situations this type of magic can be used to light of dark caves for hours, and in other situations, the energy can be manipulated into a beam, or a boomerang-type blade to create a deadly re-usable weapon that only draw back is that it takes a few seconds to charge. This can also be used to blind an enemy in battle.
- Healing- Every clan must have at least on dragon in the clan that has a complete mastery of this type of magic, and this dragon must either be an Alpha/ess or Beta/ess in rank. A clan can't survive if there is no one there to treat other dragons that should happen to become ill or wounded, and Clans need the lead healers to teach the new healers in learning. This type of magic can be very stressful due to the energy costs of some of the spells required to heal different injuries or illnesses. The amount of energy needed for this type of magic is proportional to the wounds, and there severity. The more severe the wounds or illness, the more energy it will take.
- Earth-This magic is simple enough, the ability to manipulate the land and terrain around you. You can use this power to create rock and sand out of nowhere to entrap an enemy or to provide shelter on extended stays outside of the clan. This type of magic is normally used more as a defensive type magic rather than for attacking.
- Water- Like earth magic water magic is pretty simple. its the manipulation of any liquid substance to the desire of the controller or the manipulation of water vapors or rain in the air. This is a More Neutral magic with an equal balance of defense and attack strategies when needed.
- Darkness-The ability to breath a breath of shadow-like flame, also know as the black flame at the mastery levels. This flame is more corrosive than the deadliest acid. In it's moderate forms this magic can be used to manipulate the shadows are create illusions by using the darkness. *This type of magic cannot be used if there is not shaded areas to be found and is at it's strongest when used at night.
*The Shadow-Flame breath weapon is not included in the light limitations of this magic.
If there is a type of magic here that you think I may have missed and you are interested in, PM me with the type of magic and a description of it, and I will review it and get back with you.
No God characters. Every character just like every person has to have some kind a flaws, types of magic that it can't properly use, not very fast, or not very agile because it's too fast, it has to eat a lot, and finally size can be a weakness as well. It a character is found to be too... Godified, It will be rejected. You will however have two weeks to fix anything that has been pointed out.
Any un-approved character sheets that have had no activity for 2 weeks will be deleted
- Breeding on this site can be as graphic as desired as the Role-play boards are Rated-R.
- Topics designed for the purpose of a mating encounter must bear mark of such content in the 'topic description' area. Add [E] for scenes described very cryptically, [M] for more graphic, yet cryptic remarks and [R] for explicit descriptions and language, either used with their proper terms or with terms used as less graphic. Rule stands for all such topics created after 06/ 11 / 09
These same ratings apply to topics that include the laying of eggs.
- Forced breeding is allowed both between clans and within them.
- Female dragons can only come into heat and are capable of reproducing every 2 mating seasons, which occurs withing the seasons spring and summer. This does not mean however that they can not perform intimate relations any other time, however, they will not be fertile until the proper times.
The standards for the Height are already explained in the age groups, but as for the rest of the dragon is proportionate. The length of the dragon is usually twice the height, as the wingspan is at least twice the length. Same applies for Wyverns.